The Stour Federation recognises its moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the wellbeing of all pupils. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are protected, respected and valued. All our staff are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that our children receive effective and timely support.
The Trust has adopted a common Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy that has been supplemented where necessary by the individual schools to reflect their own local procedures and processes.
In order to facilitate the safeguarding of its pupils we ensure that all staff, governors, volunteers and visitors understand our commitment to safeguarding through;
- Thorough safer recruitment processes.
- Safeguarding induction for new staff, volunteers and governors.
- Safeguarding governors at each school.
- Regular safeguarding professional learning at every school.
- Annual safeguarding training for governors.
- Termly DSL network meetings across the Trust to share good practice.
- Protective Behaviours safeguarding curriculum lessons for children from Reception to Year 6.
- All after school clubs and holiday club providers have their safeguarding credentials checked in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education.