The Stour Federation provides opportunity for staff to gain external certification in the BASIC Coaching method, with training and assessment by Trust Leaders, who are qualified assessors.
- BASIC coaching improves relationships in schools and across the Trust, helping to retain staff for longer periods.
- Introducing coaching across our schools help early career teachers to become middle leaders more quickly and successfully.
- Using the BASIC Method of coaching and feedback helps to develop language around conflict and challenge that won't scare staff and parents and allows us to resolve difficulties more quickly.
- Using BASIC coaching creates a shorthand for both culture and climate and helps our Trust to improve as an organisation through more effective leader communication.
- A coaching mindset helps schools to improve at pace and manage the challenge of change.
- As schools engage with more of young people's lives, BASIC coaching helps staff to communicate more effectively in these more challenging areas.
- BASIC Coaching helps staff to develop a wider range of dynamic skills to meet the higher expectations of the profession.