Joining Our Trust
Schools which have or have not converted to an academy are invited to join us as a partner academy. A partner academy will become part of the legal entity of The Stour Federation, ceding it's governance to the Academy Trust whilst retaining a local governing body (called a Local Academy Council), as outlined under the Trust's Scheme of Delegation.
Working in partnership, as part of The Stour Federation has a number of key benefits:
- Sharing of systems, structures and policies that have a proven track record of success.
- Strong supportive team approach, with professionals in similar roles across academies sharing best practice, developing new approaches and promoting innovation.
- Excellent career professional development opportunities through various career pathways, supporting the recruitment and retention of staff.
- Sharing of teachers' expertise and best practice.
- Access to high quality, shared services.
- Training days in common, facilitating high quality CPD tailored to the future needs of staff.
- Economies of scale in terms of financial cost and time.
- Shared pupil events providing children with wider opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Vivup Staff Benefits.
Children, families and communities deserve access to high quality schools that hold the highest ambitions for its children, families and communities. There is a sense of civic responsibility to grow and build a network of schools able to support, inspire and enable our children and families to hold aspirations for themselves and believe they can achieve.
Questions Schools May Wish To Consider
- Does our vision align the Academy Trust and the current strategic development goals?
- What does the Trust care about and how do the values match up with ours?
- Do we understand the scheme of delegation?
- How much autonomy will we retain?
- Are there any geographical challenges?
- Who is responsible for standards?
- How will the Trust improve our school?
- What opportunities will there be for us to support other schools in the trust?
- What role does the local governing body (Local Academy Council) play?
- How will our school retain its identity in the Academy Trust?
- What back office support does the Academy Trust provide?
- How will budgets work?
Examples of Support
- SEF template based on PIE - provision, impact, evidence.
- SIP template based on the EEF Planning Guide for Schools.
- Joint INSET and staff meetings.
- Fortnightly leadership Google Meets.
- Collaborative moderation.
- Termly Assess and Refine meetings for SIP review.
- Termly DSL Network meetings.
- Working Genius assessments for all senior leaders.
- Policy templates collaboratively written by Heads and the CEO.
- BASIC Coaching certification.